If you have dry, textured skin, you need this stuff! It’s THAT GOOD. Laura Mercier’s Hydrating Foundation Primer has saved my winter-weary skin. If you are like me and have fine to not-so-fine wrinkles, this primer really helps your foundation go on smoothly. When I use it atop moisturizer, my super-dry skin stays hydrated all day. Here are the details:
- Uses: Over moisturizer (for dry skin), but can be used alone. I have extra dry skin in the winter, so I use it under moisturizer. In the summer, I’ve used it alone and (BONUS) it does NOT make you sweat! (for those of us experiencing personal heat).
- Skin Types: Dry, normal, and sensitive skin types. My mother has very sensitive skin and eczema. She’s used this for years without sensitivity issues.
- Other Foundation Primer formulas: Regular, just called Foundation Primer, Foundation Primer- Oil Free, and Foundation Primer- Mineral for use with mineral foundation. Foundation Primer- Bronze was recently released.
- Fragrance: Slight, and disappears within 30 seconds.
- Texture: Slippery. This is a good thing because the point is for the product you put on top of it to glide over it.
- Finish: Dewy without being oily, heavy, or greasy. It feels like healthy moisturized skin. If it’s too dewy for you, blot with a lint-free tissue before applying foundation.
- Value: $38 isn’t cheap, but the tube lasts me about 3 months. Besides, it’s the only thing that has worked and doesn’t dry me out. I tried products from Tarte, NYX, Lancôme, Bobby Brown, MAC, and drugstore brands. This is definitely worth the money.
Laura Mercier’s Hydrating Foundation Primer is one of my favorite beauty finds. It does exactly what you want: creates a smooth canvas for the rest of your makeup.
If you’ve tried it, let others profit from your experience by posting a recommendation below.
Disclosure: I purchased all products discussed on this site. I am not compensated by any company or brand. The opinions expressed above are based on personal experience…B2B